The Castle Bagging Tour is a full day trip (including transport and admission) to visit 4 of the 300 famed castles of Scotland. The route takes us through some of the most iconic and picturesque parts of the country where you will get to explore some of Scotland’s dramatic history.
Price of £80 per person includes:
- Pick up/Drop off (within 2 miles of city centre)
- Transport to the castles
- Tickets - all castle entries are included
- Special selection of Scottish snacks
Tours must have a minimum booking of 2 people in total to run.
Private tours available on any day for groups of 4 or more
- 7:30 AM - Pick up from your requested accommodation
- 8:00 AM - Tour of Stirling Castle15th century fortress, rich in history with ties to Mary Queen of Scots and Bonnie Prince Charlie
- 10:00 AM - Tour of Doune CastleMade famous as Castle Leoch in Outland, Winterfell in Game of Thrones, in Outlaw King, and many more
- 12:00 PM - Lunch break in Tyndrum
- 1:30 PM - Kilchurn Castle ruins on Loch Awe15th century; one of the most photogenic castles in Scotland
- 3:00 PM - Head north through stunning Argyll towards the lookout of Castle StalkerMedieval castle recognized by fans of Monty Python
- 4:00 PM - Scenic return route through the famous Glen Coe valley Site of the renowned Glen Coe massacre 1692
- 7:30 PM - Arrive Edinburgh
Pick Up / Drop Off
- Pick up/Drop off within 2 miles of Edinburgh city centre
- Pick up/Drop off within 2 miles of Stirling city centre
- Pick up/Drop off anywhere else on route (see map)
Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns about what to bring.
- Boots or trainers (will get dirty, potential for bog)
- Athletic bottoms (long sports leggings, trackie bottoms-no cotton sweatpants, shorts or jeans)
Recommended (weather dependent):
- Waterproof jacket
- Waterproof over trousers
- Hat/Beanie (or snood)
- Fleece or Thermal top
- We have a very limited (but growing) stock of used equipment to borrow. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.